Primary care is still open, we encourage you to contact us with any concerns that cannot be dealt with at home or by the pharmacy. This is to keep patients as safe as possible.
What to expect from us
Every effort is being made to ensure patient and staff safety.
What patients should expect:
- staff to disinfect every surface before your arrival and once you have left
- Clinical staff to wear full PPE, including facemasks, face visors, dispoable aprons and gloves at all times.
- A glass sheild between receptionists and patients
- Clear and direct instructions within the building, for example (floor markings and signage)
What we expect from patients:
- Face coverings when entering and being in the building. Please see the government website for acceptable face wear.
- To let us know if you require lip-reading or are unable to wear a face covering prior to your appointment. This will allow the clinician to put extra precautions in place.
As we learn more and move forward, there will be continuous updates to the services we are offering.
We ask that only the patient with a booked appointment enters the surgery, bringing friends or relatives to your appointment is discouraged.
As of 19.08.2020, you can expect:
Necessary blood tests
- Asthma reviews over the telephone
- Over 45' and 75's health checks
- Contraceptive services (these will be done over the telephone where appropriate)
- Baby Immunisations (we ask that only one parent is present)
- Routine Vaccinations
- Sexual health services
- Doctors appointments will be triaged and if you need to be seen face to face then you will be given an appointment.
If you think you are having Covid-19 symptoms, please do not come into the surgery. Instead, contact us via telephone or e-consult and self isolate. You may also seek help from 111.
The University of Portsmouth have launched a University coronavirus information line, to help manage enquiries from students, parents and guardians about coronavirus.
The information line will be managed by MyPort staff to co-ordinate responses and give clear, consistent advice about University policies and procedures in response to the coronavirus outbreak. The information line will be open from 08:30 to 17:00 - Monday to Thursday and 08:30 to 16:00 on Friday. Out of hours messages will be responded to as soon as possible.
Coronavirus Information Line +44(0)23 92 84 5588 and firstname.lastname@example.org