Our Practice Charter:
The Surgery is committed to providing a high quality primary health service to meet the needs of all our patients. We regard the care of your health as a partnership between yourself and the Practice. The success of this partnership depends on co-operation and shared responsibility. In the Charter we set out what our mutual responsibilities are to achieve a high standard of care.
Our Responsibilities to You
- We will be courteous and respectful, treating you as an individual at all times.
- You will be able to speak to a Doctor of your choice, where possible and subject to availability.
- You will be informed in detail of any treatment, changes at all times
- Prescription requests cannot be taken over the telephone – allow at least 48 hours for processing
- We will respect your right to seek a second opinion and we will try to help you obtain this.
- You have the right to confidentiality
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law
- All information regarding complaints and news will be accessible on our website at all times.
- Complaints will be acknowledged within 3 working days.
- We have the right to remove patients from our list.
- Home visits are for the housebound patients or those too unwell to attend the surgery.
- The surgery often have healthcare students, you will have the choice of whether or not to participate.
- You will be seen the same day if your problem is urgent
- You will be referred to a consultant when your GP thinks clinically necessary
Your responsibility to us:
- We operate a Zero Tolerance Policy and will not tolerate any unacceptable behaviour on the premises or towards our team.
- You are responsible for your own health. Please act on our advice and take medication as prescribed.
- Inform us of any change in name, address or telephone number.
- If you do not speak or understand English well, please bring an interpreter along with you when you come to the Surgery.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend
- Please remember that the Doctor or Nurse of your choice may not always be available due to other commitments you will always be offered an alternative
- Always order your repeat prescription in plenty of time, don't wait until your medication has run out.
- Please be punctual, but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency
- Please let the doctor know if you do not want a healthcare student present
- Please be available for review’s when asked, before your next prescription is due
- If you have a complaint please address it with our practice via our complaints procedure on the website.
- We would of course be pleased to hear when you feel that praise is due as well